TRUE FRESHWATER MICRO CRAB - Amarinus Lacustris
Quality Control Policy - Indoor Grown, Free from Outdoor Pests & Frequent Plants Health & Algae Check
Fast Delivery - 95% delivered within 1-3 days after posted
Submersed Grown Quality Policy -95% of our plants are patiently submersed grown in our aquarium to help you avoid plant transition melting issues that affect many tissue culture & emersed grown plants when planted underwater in an aquarium
(Information written by Aquarzon based on actual growing experience, observations and research. Please do not copy any information or photos)
Average Water Parameters Grown In
Temperature : 15-25°C
PH Range : 6.0-7.0
GH : 4-6
KH : 3-5
TDS : 150-250
The freshwater crabs offered by Aquarzon here are guaranteed to be the true freshwater micro crabs which stays very small. These are 100% Amarinus Lacustris of which the juvies are usually around 0.5cm in carapace (body width) and adults are usually just around 1cm in carapace (body width). They are also known as micro spider crabs and are native to Australia and New Zealand.
Due to their very small size, they are perfectly safe and wonderful companions in a shrimp tank. They are also fine in a community tank with small, peaceful fishes.
Aquarzon guarantees 100% that what we offer here are true Amarinus Lacustris (which is much smaller and better for shrimp tanks) and not Amarinus Laevis (which are much bigger). Aquarzon has confirm this as we have kept the Amarinus Laevis before for more than one year and have first-hand experience with keeping them.
While they look very similar especially in colour and not easy to tell apart by someone who had never kept them, these are 3 key differences between the 2 variants:
1) Aquarzon has measured them and for Amarinus Lacustris, they stay very small (usually around 1cm in carapace for adults) while the Amarinus Laevis grows a carapace of around 2.5cm with a maximum volume easily 3 times than of the Amarinus Lacustris.
2) For Amarinus Lacustris, they are easier to breed and can breed in full freshwater long term unlike Amarinus Laevis which needs brackish water to successfully breed long term and also much more difficult to breed.
3) In our first-hand experience, the bigger variant (Amarinus Laevis) caused quite some mess in our shrimp tank as they dislodge some fissidens, Mini Pellia and small mosses as they move around due to their larger size. As they use the edge of their legs to grip around when they move, their larger size which equals stronger holding strength caused some fissidens and Mini Pellia to dislodge from rocks we had attached them to. As for the smaller variant (Amarinus Lacustris), they did not cause any of such problems.
Based on the 3 differences above, Aquarzon feels that Amarinus Lacustris is the very much better type of freshwater crab for shrimp tanks. They are peaceful, fun and interesting to watch. On top of that, there is a chance for the Amarinus Lacustris Micro Crabs to breed in your aquarium since they can breed in full freshwater unlike Amarinus Laevis.
There has been instances in the aquarium hobby that the Amarinus Laevis (the bigger variant) has been traded or sold as Amarinus Lacustris (the much smaller variant). Therefore, it is important to buy from trustworthy sources and from a place that have first-hand experience both types before.
By buying from Aquarzon, you can be assured:
1) That you will receive 100% true Amarinus Lacustris Micro Crabs (not Amarinus Laevis grows much bigger)
2) Your purchase will be protected by Aquarzon Comprehensive 100% Live Arrival Guarantee which even covers for postage delays and lost parcels
This listing are for unsexed juvies which are around 0.5cm in size.They are naturally very small as they are the true Amarinus Lacustris freshwater micro crabs.
Please ensure your aquarium do not have fishes or aquatic creatures that can predate them. Aquarium inhabitants which are safe for them includes cherry shrimps, crystal shrimps and small, peaceful community fishes such as neon tetras, Endlers' Livebearer, guppies etc.
To order, you can select your desired quantity before you click Add to Cart (the price is cheaper for larger quantity).
AQUARZON COMPREHENSIVE 100% LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEE
Aquarzon offers trackable Express Postage with special breathable bags and strong packaging material at a discounted and fixed postage of just $15 to our customers. The standard charge in the shrimp trade is usually $20-$25 but Aquarzon will cap the postage cost for our customers at a discounted rate of just $15, and this includes even when a customer orders larger quantities of shrimps and/or several different types of shrimps.
All purchases made at Aquarzon are protected by 100% live arrival guarantee (DOA) and our additional voluntary Aquarzon Comprehensive Protection policy for the additional protection of our customers.
Aquarzon Comprehensive Protection Policy+
- Fully covers for parcels lost by courier*
- Fully covers for deaths due to postage delays caused by courier even when it is not covered by courier
- Covers for both livestock and shipping cost
- Extends live arrival guarantee from 2 hours of parcel collection time to 1am next day subject to reasonable conditions^
- Guarantees no planaria
*If a parcel is not received, tracking status shows not delivered and confirmed lost via courier investigation, a full replacement will be provided completely free even when the courier does not cover for it
^This extension is made as Aquarzon understands that some customers work long and odd hours, double shifts, travel etc so it is not always possible to open a parcel within 2 hours of parcel delivery time. This extension is subject to reasonable and fair conditions such as not leaving the parcel under the sun all day until night etc.
+ Please read and follow live arrival guarantee claim procedure and conditions on our terms and conditions page to ensure protection validity